Thursday, May 8, 2008

Just wanted to share and wish you all a Happy Mother's Day!

SO I wanted to wait to share this with you because I just had so much fun doing it... My good friend Anna commissioned a piece for her Mom for Mother's Day. I didn't want to spoil the surprise, so I wanted to wait until her Mom knew about her surprise before I posted it :). Anna's Mom is a school nurse, more specifically, a very patient middle school nurse. Anna came up with a great idea for her Mother's desk at school, hopefully, this will motivate some particularly whiny students to get back to their studies ;). The base says "Get back to class!". Wonderful idea Anna, I had so much fun making her.



Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mommies, Nanas, and Grandmoms!

Happy Mother's Day, of course, to those of you who have made a difference in the life of a child and given of yourselves unselfishly. After all, 'it takes a village'... For those of you who are valuable part of our village; Anna, Jessica, Heidi and Tiffan, Ms. Laura, Mrs. C., Ms. Jeaninne, Ms. Amy and Ms. Patricia, words will never fully express my deep admiration and infinite gratitude... XXOO, Katie

3 comments:

elphabainwicked said...

Great piece!! I don't know about anyone else...but if I was a kid I would want to go to the nurse's office to see this piece of art. So I would probably have a stomach ache at least twice a week.

Anonymous said...

is it too late to put anna's brother's names on this???

Sherry said...

That is just so wonderful. What talent! I love it, can you imagine what Anna's Mom is going to feel when she receives this piece? Awesome! You do beautiful work!